from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. A past participle of hide1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Past participle of hide
- adj. Not visible or apparent.
- adj. Obscure.
- adj. this sense?) That has been hidden.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- from hide. Concealed; put out of view; secret; not known; mysterious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Concealed; placed in secrecy.
- Secret; unseen; mysterious.
- Synonyms Covert, occult, recondite, profound, abstruse, obscure, latent, private, dormant, clandestine, close, unknown.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not accessible to view
- adj. designed to elude detection
- adj. difficult to find
Sorry, no etymologies found.