from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of sleep.
- adj. asleep
- adj. used for sleep; used to produce sleep.
- n. the state or act of being asleep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from sleep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The taking of rest in sleep; sleep; the state of one who sleeps; hence, lack of vigilance; remissness.
- n. Inoperativeness; dormant state or condition; abeyance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being asleep
- n. quiet and inactive restfulness
- n. the suspension of consciousness and decrease in metabolic rate
- adj. lying with head on paws as if sleeping
Sorry, no etymologies found.