from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Growing or remaining under water: submerged leaves.
- adj. Living in poverty or misery.
- adj. Having been hidden.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of submerge.
- adj. underwater
- adj. below the surface of a liquid
- adj. hidden
- adj. poor, impoverished
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. beneath the surface of the water
- adj. growing or remaining under water
Sorry, no etymologies found.