from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Formed or adapted for underwater use or operation; submarine.
- adj. Found or occurring underwater: subaqueous organisms; subaqueous rocks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Existing below the water surface.
- adj. Designed for underwater use.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated, formed, or living under water; subaquatic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. growing or remaining under water
sub- + aqueous (Wiktionary)