from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Located or living under water; submarine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being under water, or beneath the surface of water; adapted for use under water; submarine.
- adj. Formed in or under water.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not entirely aquatic, as a wading bird.
- [= French subaquatique.] Situated or formed in or below the surface of the water; subaqueous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. growing or remaining under water
- adj. partially aquatic; living or growing partly on land and partly in water
sub- + aquatic (Wiktionary)