from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shedding tears; tearful.
- adj. Dropping rain: weeping clouds.
- adj. Having slender drooping branches.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of weep.
- n. Action of the verb to weep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who weeps; lamentation with tears; shedding of tears.
- adj. Grieving; lamenting; shedding tears.
- adj. Discharging water, or other liquid, in drops or very slowly; surcharged with water.
- adj. Having slender, pendent branches; -- said of trees.
- adj. Pertaining to lamentation, or those who weep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Wailing; lamentation; shedding of tears.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of shedding tears (usually accompanied by sobs or other inarticulate sounds)
- adj. showing sorrow
- adj. having branches or flower heads that bend downward
Sorry, no etymologies found.