from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of fall.
- adj. That falls or fall.
- n. The action of the verb to fall.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- from fall, v. i.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which falls or drops; a dropping.
- n. That which sinks; a hollow: as, risings and fallings in the ground.
- n. In pathology, displacement of a part or organ downward: as, falling of the womb or of the eyelid. See prolapsus, ptosis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. decreasing in amount or degree
- adj. becoming lower or less in degree or value
- adj. coming down freely under the influence of gravity
Sorry, no etymologies found.