from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Down the slope of a hill.
- adv. Toward a lower or worse condition: The alcoholic's health went downhill fast.
- adj. Sloping downward; descending.
- adj. Sports Of, relating to, or constituting skiing down a slope: a downhill racer.
- n. A downhill skiing race.
- n. A downward gradient; a descending slope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Down a slope
- adj. located down a slope or hill
- adj. going down a slope or a hill
- adj. easy
- adj. deteriorating, getting worse
- n. The fastest of the disciplines of alpine skiing
- n. A rapid descent of a hill in related sports, especially in alpine skiing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Towards the bottom of a hill.
- adj. Declivous; descending; sloping.
- n. Declivity; descent; slope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sloping downward; descending; declining.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. toward a lower or inferior state
- n. a ski race down a trail
- adv. toward the bottom of a hill
- adj. sloping down rather steeply
- n. the downward slope of a hill
down- + hill (Wiktionary)