from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An edible flatfish (Bothas rhombus) of European waters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of flatfish, Scophthalmus rhombus.
- adj. Wonderful, clever, amusing. Denotes approval of the noun it is applied to, comparable to "cool".
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fish allied to the turbot (Rhombus levis), much esteemed in England for food; -- called also bret, pearl, prill. See bret.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A flatfish, Bothus or Rhombus lavis, of the family Pleuronectidæ.
- n. A small and very bony flounder of New Zealand, Caulopsetta scaphus, of the family Pleuronectidæ. The name was transferred from the true brill of Europe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. European food fish
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Abbreviation of brilliant. (Wiktionary)