from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A unit of length equal to one thousandth (10-3) of an inch (0.0254 millimeter), used, for example, to specify the diameter of wire or the thickness of materials sold in sheets.
- n. A milliliter; one cubic centimeter.
- n. A unit of angular measurement used in artillery and equal to 1/6400 of a complete revolution.
- n. Slang A million dollars.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An angular mil, a unit of angular measurement equal to 1⁄6400 of a complete circle. At 1000 metres one mil subtends about one metre (0.98 m). Also 1⁄6000 and 1⁄6300 are used in other countries.
- n. A unit of measurement equal to 1⁄1000 of an inch, usually used for thin objects, such as sheets of plastic.
- n. a former subdivision (1/1000) of the Maltese lira
- n. Abbreviation of million.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an obsolete monetary unit of Cyprus equal in value to 1/1000 of a pound.
- n. a unit of length equal to 1/1000 inch, used especially in measuring the thickness of sheets of materials.
- n. one milliliter; -- used mostly in informal speech.
- n. a unit of angular size equal to 1/6400 of 360 degrees; -- it is used especially in artillery ranging.
- n. One million dollars.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A simplified spelling of mill.
- n. An abbreviation of military.
- n. A unit of length used in measuring the diameter of wires, equal to 0.001 of an inch.
- n. A copper coin of Hongkong, the thousandth part of a dollar, corresponding to a Chinese ‘cash.’
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an angular unit used in artillery; equal to 1/6400 of a complete revolution
- n. a Swedish unit of length equivalent to 10 km
- n. a Cypriot monetary unit equal to one thousandth of a pound
- n. a unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch; used to specify thickness (e.g., of sheets or wire)
- n. a metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter
While you wait the 13 mil becomes 18 mil+ the wasted 600K+.
In as much as one of the core NASA activities should be developing advanced space concepts $4 mil is not adequate.
Possibly that $250 mil is from a separate fund from the $1B stimulus pumped into NASA's budget.
Goes by boston_6_actual --- priest_6_actual or sunshine_6_actual hangs out in mil chat room 30 but also at times goes to mil chat room 25..
On the other hand, my mil is DELIGHTFUL and very sensible.
My mil is like that, but only because she really openly doesn't respect me.
I'm predicting 160 mil. 200 mil is out of the question.
There's nothing in the word mil that proves there was a *t at the end yet, the vocalism does show that it had an *i, but Greek has the same thing.
Phoenix: "There's nothing in the word mil that proves there was a *t at the end yet, the vocalism does show that it had an *i, but Greek has the same thing."
But $20 mil is big money even for someone who is worth $100 mil.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.