from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A country of eastern South America. The largest country in the continent, it was ruled by Portugal from 1500 to 1822, when it became a separate empire ruled by Pedro I, son of King John VI of Portugal. A republic was established in 1889. Brasília has been the capital since 1960; São Paulo is the largest city. Population: 190,000,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A large Portuguese-speaking country in South America. Capital: Brasilia. Official name: Federative Republic of Brazil (República Federativa do Brasil).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A heavy dyewood of the genus Cæsalpinia (C. Sappan), imported from the East, now known as sappanwood (which see).
- n. A very heavy dywood, from Brazil and other parts of tropical America.
- n. Sulphate of iron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the largest Latin American country and the largest Portuguese speaking country in the world; located in the central and northeastern part of South America; world's leading coffee exporter
- n. three-sided tropical American nut with white oily meat and hard brown shell
Publisher: Worldwide Projects, Inc. BRAZIL: Construction plans for proposed $3,300,000,000 copper production expansion project, CIA VALE DO RIO DOCE (CVRD) [Brazil] - Order #: 118703.
LUIS LULA DA SILVA, PRESIDENT OF BRAZIL (through translator): First of all, I would like to say that we have shown very good relations between the U.S. and Brazil.
PAUL SOTERO, DIRECTOR, BRAZIL INSTITUTE: Well, the trip was perceived in Brazil and in the other parts of the region, a little bit of too little too late.
Flag description: green with a large yellow diamond in the center bearing a blue celestial globe with 27 white five-pointed stars (one for each state and the Federal District) arranged in the same pattern as the night sky over Brazil; the globe has a white equatorial band with the motto ORDEM E PROGRESSO (Order and Progress) @Brazil: Economy
BRAZIL Corinthians coach Mano Menezes talks during a training session in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on
I got a 40-day vacation to BRAZIL so I could visit my family and friends, and also so I could go to the Northeast of Brazil (JOAO PESSOA and NATAL, but I'll talk about that later).
Jacuma Beach Resort BRAZIL - rhodri@gdhomes. co.uk ***** Own a 5 star, luxury 4 Bed Beachfront VILLA in tropical Natal, Brazil with a 12000 Euros deposit and an Interest Free, Easy Payment Plan.
May 14th, 2010 more images BRAZIL, (GaeaTimes. com) - With the 2010 soccer, World Cup still to be held, preparations have already started in Brazil, not among the players who represent the country on the national field but among the authorities of the of the Brazilian government.
While the european element in both brazil, argentina, uruguay and chile is made of of basically southern europeans (portuguese, italian, spanish) Brazil is the only country of these that has a SUBSTANTIAL northern european population.
BRAZIL: Federal anti-piracy actions are not reducing piracy in Brazil, and local enforcement efforts are weak.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.