from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A graduate of a school or college.
- n. Informal A student studying for a graduate degree, such as a PhD.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Short form of graduate.
- n. Short form of graduation.
- abbr. gradian
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In petrography, in the quantitative system of classification (1902) (see rock), a division of igneous rocks lower than the subrang.
- n. A graduate.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin gradatim, by degrees.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one-hundredth of a right angle
- n. a person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university)
Sorry, no etymologies found.