American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A thin wire nail with a small head or a slight side projection instead of a head.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A slender flat nail having, instead of a head, a slight projection on one side. It is used when it is desirable that the head should not project, as in joinery, cabinet-work, and pattern-makers' work.
- To nail with brads.
- n. A thin, small nail, with a slight projection at the top on one side instead of a head, or occasionally with a small domed head, similar to that of an escutcheon pin.
- n. US A paper fastener, a fastening device formed of thin, soft metal, such as shim brass, with a round head and a flat, split shank, which is spread after insertion in a hole in a stack of pages, in much the same way as a cotter pin or a split rivet.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A thin nail, usually small, with a slight projection at the top on one side instead of a head; also, a small wire nail, with a flat circular head; sometimes, a small, tapering, square-bodied finishing nail, with a countersunk head.
- v. fasten with brads
- n. a small nail
- Late Middle English, variant of brod(d), from Old Norse broddr ‘spike, shaft’, from Proto-Germanic *bruzdaz (compare Old English brord, Old High German brort), from Proto-Indo-European *bʰrusdʰos (compare Welsh brath ‘sting, prick’, Albanian bredh ("fir-tree"), Lithuanian bruzdùklis ‘bridle’, Czech brzda ‘brake’). (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Old Norse broddr, spike. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Yes | No | Report from muskiemaster wrote 31 weeks 2 days ago captain brad makes a good point the name's alone make it hard to compare the two and if I had to say though it'd be cabela's which contains lots of fishing stuff and hunting more hunting stuff to.”
“Captain brad thanks for showing how the outdoor community and this website itself is such a cooperative and helping community and that most can be trusted and for helping get a kid active in the hunting community.”
“Yes | No | Report from Bigbuck14 wrote 50 weeks 6 days ago all right brad is cool”
“Max D. on Jun 25, 2008 brad is the most dramatic actor in the world. he is the best in this area of acting. and in his roles he is serious. oscar this time surelly. fayiz on Jul 3, 2008”
“The Funky Stew on Oct 3, 2008 the only reason ill agree with brad is because of ant man mostly, thor can be done REALLY well, CA im not too fond of anyway, but i digress, i feel like ant man ruins the idea, CA brings it down that much more, and thor will honestly make or break the team completely”
“February 5th, 2010 at 12: 16 pm tombaker says: doocy wants to sit in brad pitt’s lap. gretchie carlson is saving herself for prince alwaleed. sarahp’s just a tease (and a backstabber). and poor lil mr. wallace ain’t gettin’ any.”
“What ever happened to "brad"? you have showed me I can do anything, as long as I have a website!”
“(For all of you who still surmise that i am living in sin with this "brad," please rest assured that its Mandy BRADley, ex english major and Blue Ribbon winner in the Molly Ringwald look alike contest.)”
“Show Cheney/Bush they don 'control your State by voting NO to Rubio. brad”
“I can't wait for the right-wing bloviators to handle this one! brad”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘brad’.
Given names that were acceptable for play the last time I checked the OWL.
my favourite names.. so far.
I so desperately want a craft room.
Looking for tweets for brad.