from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To sheathe or cover (a metal) with a metal.
- transitive v. To cover with a protective or insulating layer of other material.
- v. A past tense and a past participle of clothe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To clothe.
- v. To cover with insulation.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of clad.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of clothe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To clothe.
- imp. & p. p. of clothe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Preterit and past participle of clothe.
- To clothe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having an outer covering especially of thin metal
- adj. wearing or provided with clothing; sometimes used in combination
Back-formation from cladding.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Alternative perfect and past participle of clothe: Old English geclæþd, past participle of clæþan ("to clothe"), from clað ("cloth"). Compare Icelandic klæða ("to clothe"). (Wiktionary)