Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Provided with a coat; wearing a coat.
- Having a covering (of any kind); as, coated nuts (coated with sugar); chocolate -coated marshmallows; a coated tongue.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of coat.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. covered with an outer layer or film.
- adj. covered with a shiny coating by applying e.g. beaten egg or a sugar or gelatin mixture; -- of foods.
- adj. (Photog.) coated on the side opposite the emulsion with a substance to absorb light; -- of film.
- adj. having or dressed in a coat
- adj. having a coating; covered with an outer layer or film; often used in combination
“The items include 34 butterfly paintings dating back to 2005; six medicine cabinets with price tags of up to £2. 5m and a batch of 25 fly and resin coated skulls.”
“She made an imprint of the cap and, although she spoke only four words of English - open, wider, close, rinse - I understood that the fitted crown had to go to el laboratorio to be porcelain coated to match the color of my teeth.”
“Ilford Multigrade IV RC Deluxe resin coated VC variable contrast black & white enlarging paper 8x10 - 100 sheets - glossy surface (F surface)”
“All Lazzguns have been so coated from the beginning, and it is terrific stuff.”
“However, they couldn’t enjoy it today, as last night’s rain coated the entire County of Bath in a 1-inch thick layer of solid ice.”
“The receptor is localized on the cell surface in what is called a coated pit.”
“Indeed nearly all the passages in the Five Books of Moses, in which writing is mentioned, refer to records of this kind, or to tablets of lead or wood, occasionally described as coated with wax.”
“Or will God smite them down for partaking in a worldly activity while giving it a smidgen of godliness like those "collectible" coins coated with a veneer of "pure 24k gold!"?”
“Luckily, the lens is reinforced and coated, which is a good thing, because a lot of cows really want to lick it for some reason - actually, they like licking everything so I shouldn't be surprised there.”
“The findings, by Martin Kampmann, a graduate student in John D. Rockefeller Jr. Professor Günter Blobel's Laboratory of Cell Biology, add details to an unfolding picture of cellular evolution that shows a common architecture for the NPC and the vehicles that transport material between different parts of the cell, called coated vesicles.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘coated’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for coated.