from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or furnished with a back or backing. Often used in combination: a low-backed chair; a high-backed sofa.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of back.
- adj. Dead; put on one's back.
- adj. Having specified type of back.
- adj. Having specified type of backing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a back; fitted with a back. Used in composition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In composition, having a back (with the quality or characteristic noted in the first part of the word): as, a high-backed chair; hump-backed; broad-backed.
- In archery, having the back made of a separate piece from the belly: said of a bow. See bow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of film that is coated on the side opposite the emulsion with a substance to absorb light
- adj. having a back or backing, usually of a specified type
From back (verb) (Wiktionary)
From back (noun) + -ed (Wiktionary)