from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Affected or marked by sclerosis.
- adj. Anatomy Of or relating to the sclera.
- n. See sclera.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the sclera
- adj. Having sclerosis
- adj. Hard and insular, often in sclerotic bureaucracy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Hard; firm; indurated; -- applied especially in anatomy to the firm outer coat of the eyeball, which is often cartilaginous and sometimes bony.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the sclerotic coat of the eye; sclerotical.
- adj. Affected with sclerosis; sclerosed.
- n. The sclerotic coat of the eye. See Illust. of eye (d).
- adj. Pertaining to, or designating, an acid obtained from ergot or the sclerotium of a fungus growing on rye.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of sclerosis.
- Related to or derived from ergot. Also sclerotinic.
- n. Same as sclerotica.
- n. A medicine which hardens and consolidates the parts to which it is applied.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the sclera of the eyeball
- adj. relating to or having sclerosis; hardened
Sorry, no etymologies found.