from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or causing lysis: a lytic enzyme.
- adj. Of or relating to a lysin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or causing lysis
- adj. of or relating to lysin
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to lysis or the destruction of the cells of a part; producing lysis.
Greek lutikos, able to loosen; see -lytic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)