from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to bridges.
- adj. Of or relating to a pons, especially the pons Varolii.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the pons in the brain stem.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to an extensive marshy district between Rome and Naples.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or relating to an extensive marshy district southeast of Rome, called the Pontine Marshes.
- Same as pontile.
Latin pōns, pont-, bridge; see pent- in Indo-European roots + -ine1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)