from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rounded projection at the end of a bone, located on or above a condyle and usually serving as a place of attachment for ligaments and tendons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A protuberance above the condyle of a bone to which ligaments or tendons are attached
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A projection on the inner side of the distal end of the humerus; the internal condyle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, a name given by Chaussier to the external condyle or outer protuberance on the lower extremity of the humerus or arm-bone, which aids in forming the elbow-joint.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a projection on a bone above a condyle serving for the attachment of muscles and ligaments
epi- + condyle (Wiktionary)