from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bundle of anatomical fibers, as of muscle or nerve. Also called fascicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small bundle of nerve, muscle or tendon fibers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A little bundle; a fascicle.
- n. A division of a book.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as fascicle.
- n. Specifically In anatomy, a bundle; a set of something, as fibers, banded or bundled together.
- n. A nosegay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bundle of fibers (especially nerve fibers)
Latin, fascicle; see fascicle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)