from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bedsore.
- n. The posture of someone in bed, or reclining.
- n. A position assumed in lying down.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An attitude assumed in lying down.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The attitude assumed by a sick person when lying down in bed. See anaclisis.
- n. Same as bed-sore.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a reclining position (as in a bed)
Latin de ("down") + cubare ("to recline") (Wiktionary)