American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or occurring on the sole of the foot: plantar warts.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the planta, or sole of the foot: as, a plantar muscle, tendon, or ligament; the plantar aspect of the foot or leg: correlated with palmar: often in composition: as, laminiplantar, scutelliplantar
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Anat.) Of or pertaining to the sole of the foot.
- adj. relating to or occurring on the undersurface of the foot
- From Latin planta ("sole of the foot"). (Wiktionary)
- Latin plantāris, from planta, sole of the foot; see plat- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Most heel pain is of the type that goes by the name plantar fasciitis.”
“For warts affecting the feet (called plantar warts), the story was different.”
“For warts affecting the feet called plantar warts, the story was different.”
“Nowadays, you are more likely to affect your whorls by picking up a tiny virus-based skin tumor called a plantar wart (veruca), which deforms the skin striae as it grows, making the ridges go around it.”
“For those of you who slept through the Podiatry 101 lecture in medical school, this condition is an irritation of the -- ahem -- plantar fascia, aka the plantar aponeurosis -- which is the ligamental structure under the foot that supports the arch.”
“I've been suffering from a terrible ailment called plantar fasciitis which is excruciatingly painful in the heel.”
“According as the nerve operated on is the plantar or the median, the operation is known as plantar or median neurectomy.”
“[Footnote A: The epithet 'ungual' is added by Chauveau to distinguish these arteries from the properly so-called plantar arteries -- the terminal divisions of the posterior tibial artery.]”
“Common warts are harmless skin lesions that are usually found on the hands or soles of the feet, the latter referred to as plantar warts.”
“A condition known as plantar fasciitis occurs when a ligament known as the plantar fascia, which runs the full length of the bottom of the foot, is stressed, causing the tissue to tear.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘plantar’.
Looking for tweets for plantar.