from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or occurring on the sole of the foot: plantar warts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the bottom surface (sole) of the foot, as with plantar warts. Compare palmar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the sole of the foot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the planta, or sole of the foot: as, a plantar muscle, tendon, or ligament; the plantar aspect of the foot or leg: correlated with palmar: often in composition: as, laminiplantar, scutelliplantar
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or occurring on the undersurface of the foot
Latin plantāris, from planta, sole of the foot; see plat- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin planta ("sole of the foot"). (Wiktionary)