from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or near the carpus.
- n. A bone of the carpus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the eight bones of the wrist (carpus).
- adj. Of or pertaining to the carpus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the carpus, or wrist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the carpus or wrist.
- In entomology, pertaining to the carpus or pterostigma of an insect's wing.
- n. Any one of the bones of the wrist or carpus; a carpale.
- n. In ichthyology, same as actinost.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of the eight small bones of the wrist of primates
- adj. of or relating to the wrist
New Latin carpālis, from Greek karpos, wrist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)