from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Anatomy Of or relating to a phalanx or phalanges.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to a phalanx
- adj. Relating to a phalange
- n. A phalange (bone of a finger or toe)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the phalanges. See phalanx, 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy and zoöl., of or pertaining to a phalanx or the phalanges. Also phalangal, phelangial, phalangean, phalangian.
- The outwardly directed process of the head of an outer rod of Corti. Also called phalanx of a rod of Corti.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the bones of the fingers or toes
Sorry, no etymologies found.