from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a tibia or a structure associated with a tibia.
- n. A tibial bone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a tibia.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a pipe or flute.
- n. A tibial bone; a tibiale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the tibia, shin-bone, or inner bone of the lower leg or crus: as, the tibial crest; tibial muscles; tibial arteries.
- Of or pertaining to the crus, or lower leg (see tibia, 3): as, tibial feathers; tibial scutella.
- Of or pertaining to the fourth segment of the leg of an insect: as, tibial hairs.
- Of or pertaining to the pipe or flute called tibia.
- The anterior extends along the anterior surface of the interosseous membrane, after passing through the aperture in the upper part of that membrane, as far as the bend of the ankle, where it becomes the dorsal artery of the foot. It supplies the muscles of the anterior part of the leg, and gives off the anterior and posterior tibial recurrent arteries and the malleolar arteries.
- The posterior continues down between the superficial and deep muscles of the back of the leg, giving off muscular, cutaneous, and internal malleolar branches, and the medullary and peroneal arteries, and bifurcating near the heel into the internal and external plantar arteries.
- n. A structure connected with the tibia; especially, such a muscle, artery, or nerve.
- n. The fifth joint of a spider's leg, being the second of the two which form the shank.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or located near a tibia
From Latin tībiālis. (Wiktionary)