from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the hollow part of the leg behind the knee joint.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of the area behind the knee.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the ham; in the region of the ham, or behind the knee joint.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the ham, or back of the knee.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the area behind the knee joint
From New Latin popliteus, from Latin poples, poplit-, ham of the knee.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin popliteus, from Latin poples ("ham, knee"). (Wiktionary)