from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of aneurysm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A soft, pulsating, hollow tumor, containing blood, arising from the preternatural dilation or rupture of the coats of an artery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, a localized dilatation of an artery, due to the pressure of the blood acting on a part weakened by accident or disease.
- n. In thermometry, an enlargement of the capillary tube of the thermometer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cardiovascular disease characterized by a saclike widening of an artery resulting from weakening of the artery wall
Sorry, no etymologies found.