from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being costive; constipation.
- n. Inability to express oneself; stiffness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An unnatural retention of the fecal matter of the bowels; constipation.
- n. Inability to express one's self; stiffness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A morbid retention of fecal matter in the bowels. See constipation.
- n. Figuratively, slowness in action; especially, slowness or difficulty in giving forth or uttering, in a general sense; closeness; reticence.
From costive + -ness. (Wiktionary)