from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. rigidity or a measure of rigidity
- n. inflexibility or a measure of inflexibility
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being stiff
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being stiff, in any sense.
- n. Specifically, the power or ability of a vessel to oppose great resistance to inclination from the upright from the pressure of wind on the sails or other external forces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the inelegance of someone stiff and unrelaxed (as by embarrassment)
- n. the physical property of being inflexible and hard to bend
- n. excessive sternness
- n. firm resoluteness in purpose or opinion or action
- n. the property of moving with pain or difficulty
Sorry, no etymologies found.