from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being prim, precise, or proper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being prim; affected formality or niceness; preciseness; stiffness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or condition of being prim or formal; affected niceness or preciseness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. excessive or affected modesty
- n. exaggerated and arrogant properness
Sorry, no etymologies found.