from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being solitary.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Condition of being solitary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fact or state of being solitary, or alone, or without mate, partner, or companion, or of dwelling apart from others or by one's self; habitual retirement; solitude.
- n. The state or character of being retired or unfrequented; solitude; seclusion: as, the solitariness of a wood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being alone in solitary isolation
- n. a disposition toward being alone
From solitary + -ness. (Wiktionary)