from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. vigilance or the condition of being alert
- n. precautionary forethought to avoid harm or risk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being wary; care to foresee and guard against evil; cautiousness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or habit of being wary; caution; prudent care to foresee and guard against evil.
- n. Synonyms see wary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of being cautious and watchful
wary + -ness (Wiktionary)