from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of trust or confidence arising from suspicion. See Synonyms at uncertainty.
- transitive v. To regard without trust or confidence.
- intransitive v. To be wary, suspicious, or doubtful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Lack of trust or confidence.
- v. To have no confidence in something
- v. To be wary, suspicious or doubtful
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Want of confidence or trust; suspicion; distrust.
- transitive v. To regard with jealousy or suspicion; to suspect; to doubt the integrity of; to distrust.
- transitive v. To forebode as near, or likely to occur; to surmise.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lack of trust or confidence; suspicion.
- To suspect; doubt; regard with suspicion or jealousy.
- To suspect; apprehend: said of a fact or circumstance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of not trusting others
- n. doubt about someone's honesty
- v. regard as untrustworthy; regard with suspicion; have no faith or confidence in
mis- + trust (Wiktionary)