from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lack of security, uncertainty
- n. The state of being subject to danger; vulnerability
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition or quality of being insecure; lack of safety; danger; hazard
- n. The state of feeling insecure; uncertainty; lack of confidence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being insecure or unsafe; liability to give way, be lost, or become unsafe or fraught with danger; want of secureness or stability; instability; liability to damage or loss: as, the insecurity of a staircase or of a foundation.
- n. Lack of assurance or confidence, especially in regard to one's safety, or the security or stability of something; apprehensiveness of change, loss, or damage; doubt; uncertainty: as, a feeling of insecurity pervaded the community.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the anxiety you experience when you feel vulnerable and insecure
- n. the state of being subject to danger or injury
insecure (from Medieval Latin insecurus, itself from in- "not" + Latin securus 'safe, certain') + -ity (Wiktionary)