from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being doubtful; doubt; uncertainty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State of being doubtful.
- n. Uncertainty of meaning; ambiguity; indefiniteness.
- n. Uncertainty of event or issue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A state of doubt or uncertainty of mind; dubiousness; suspense; instability of opinion.
- n. Ambiguity; uncertainty of meaning.
- n. Uncertainty of event or issue; indeterminateness of condition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being unsure of something
- n. uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something
Sorry, no etymologies found.