from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A feeling of doubt that often results in wavering. See Synonyms at uncertainty.
- n. A matter of doubt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Doubtfulness.
- n. A particular instance of doubt or uncertainty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Doubtfulness; uncertainty; doubt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Doubtfulness; dubiousness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being unsure of something
Late Latin dubietās, from Latin dubius, doubtful; see dubious.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)