from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being passive; passivity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being passive; unresisting submission.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or property of being passive, or of receiving impressions from external agents or causes: as, the passiveness of matter.—2. Passibility; capacity of suffering.
- n. Patience; calmness; unresisting submission; lack of power to act, or omission to act.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. submission to others or to outside influences
- n. the trait of remaining inactive; a lack of initiative
Sorry, no etymologies found.