from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The position of the sword hand when the palm is facing down
- n. Walking on the inner edge of the foot.
- n. The action of rotating the forearm so that the palm of the hand is turned down or back.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of turning the palm or palmar surface of the forefoot downward.
- n. That motion of the forearm whereby the palm or palmar, surface is turned downward.
- n. The position of the limb resulting from the act of pronation. Opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or result of pronating; the prone position of the fore limb, in which the bones of the forearm are more or less crossed, and the palm of the hand is turned downward: the opposite of supination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. rotation of the hands and forearms so that the palms face downward
Sorry, no etymologies found.