from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lower part or a portion of a lower part or underside, especially of an animal's body: We recognized the robin by its reddish underparts.
- n. A subordinate role, as in a play.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lower or underneath part
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A subordinate part.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To divide (a part) and assign subordinate portions of it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a part lying on the lower side or underneath an animal's body
under- + part (Wiktionary)