from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Indecision in speech or action.
- n. Changing location by moving back and forth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of vacillating; a moving one way and the other; a wavering.
- n. Unsteadiness of purpose; changeableness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of vacillating; a wavering; a moving one way and the other; a reeling or staggering.
- n. Vacillating conduct; fluctuation of resolution; inconstancy; changeableness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. indecision in speech or action
- n. changing location by moving back and forth
From Latin vacillatio "swaying". (Wiktionary)