from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being eccentrically variable or fickle.
- n. An instance of being eccentrically variable or fickle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Lack of constancy; lack of consistency in thought, emotion or action.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being inconstant; lack of constancy; mutability; fickleness; variableness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lack of constancy in action, feeling, etc.; mutability or instability; unsteadiness; fickleness: as, the inconstancy of a flame, or of one's temper.
- n. Lack of sameness or uniformity; dissimilitude.
- n. Synonyms Changeableness, vacillation, wavering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unfaithfulness by virtue of being unreliable or treacherous
- n. the quality of being changeable and variable
Sorry, no etymologies found.