from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being volatile
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being volatile or of having the power of flight.
- n. The state or property of being volatile; disposition to exhale or evaporate; that property of a substance which disposes it to become more or less freely or rapidly diffused and wasted in the atmosphere; capability of evaporating, or being dissipated at ordinary atmospheric temperatures: as, the volatility of ether, alcohol, ammonia, or the essential oils.
- n. The character of being volatile; frivolous, flighty, or giddy behavior; mutability of mind; levity; flightiness; fickleness: as, the volatility of youth.
- n. Synonyms Lightness, Frivolity, etc. (see levity), instability, giddiness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of being unpredictably irresolute
- n. the property of changing readily from a solid or liquid to a vapor
- n. being easily excited
Sorry, no etymologies found.