American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The quality or state of being mobile.
- n. The movement of people, as from one social group, class, or level to another: "There's been . . . restructuring of industry and downward mobility for Americans as a whole” ( Lawrence W. Sherman).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The property of being mobile or easily movable; susceptibility of motion or movement; readiness to move or change in response to impulse or slight force; hence, changeableness: as, mobility of features.
- n. Movement; motion.
- n. (mob-il′ i-ti). The populace; the mob: a use suggested by nobility.
- n. In phytogeography, the inherent capacity of a plant for migration.
- n. uncountable The condition of being mobile
- n. countable A measure of the extent to which something is mobile
- n. countable The movement of people or things
- n. uncountable Ease of movement between economic conditions
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being mobile.
- n. Humorous The mob; the lower classes.
- n. the quality of moving freely
- From Latin mōbilitas ("mobility"). (Wiktionary)
“Distributing small and medium sized packets thro poor roads, over long distances, into deep pockets of rural India and getting the stockiest to trust the mobility is a Herculean task.”
“This is still a low point in mobility, which is the lifeblood of our labor market and is important for young people.”
““This is still a low point in mobility, which is the lifeblood of our labor market and is important for young people.””
“The marines that went back with our camera that shot this, believe this is what they refer to as a mobility kill.”
“To count this increase in income as a component of "mobility" is to use a significantly different definition of mobility than was employed in the other studies discussed above.”
“Income mobility is measured by tracking the longitudinal incomes of a group of a people and then comparing their end results against * society* and against their beginning results.”
“Social mobility is measured by tracking the longitudinal incomes (and social status if you like) of a group of people and then comparing their end results against * each other*.”
“But I think that labor mobility is a really good thing.”
“One optimistic indicator of mobility is that wealth differences across siblings remain fairly high.”
“Your explanation of how modern economist calculate intergenerational income mobility is completely wrong.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mobility’.
The vocabulary of transport policy
accident rate, cabotage, carriage of goods, carriage of passe..., carrier, co-modality, common policy in ..., complete the inte..., cross-trade, electric motor, employment and wo..., enhance safety and 176 more...
Words that describe the art of the impressionist era.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
information security, balance of power, compliance with t..., air superiority, combat compability, compatibility, convergence, countermobility, discipline of eff..., discipline of staff, interoperability, leadership capabi... and 184 more...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
The bang, the cannonade,
the bale, the hum.
Buzzwords of our time
The different stages of lifelong learning
access to educati..., accreditation of ..., accreditation of ..., adaptability, adult education, alternance training, apprenticeship, assessment of lea..., awarding body, basic information..., basic skills, certificate and 103 more...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Some days, there will be a word. That word is the word of the day. Other days shall remain wordless. That's just the way things go.
Words with the letter b within the word, not just as the initial or last letter.
This is my first, absolutely magnificent word list.
Looking for tweets for mobility.