from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Absent or diminished fertility.
- n. The persistent inability to conceive a child.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being infertile; of having poor fertility.
- n. The inability to conceive children.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being infertile; unproductiveness; barrenness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition of being infertile; unproductiveness; barrenness: as, the infertility of land.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being unable to produce offspring; in a woman it is an inability to conceive; in a man it is an inability to impregnate
Sorry, no etymologies found.