from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality, state, or characteristic of being respectable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being respectable.
- n. The class of respectable people.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being respectable; the state or quality which deserves or commands respect.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being respectable; the condition or qualities which deserve or command respect.
- n. A respectable person or thing; a specimen or type of what is respectable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. honorableness by virtue of being respectable and having a good reputation
respect + -ability (Wiktionary)