from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being impossible.
- n. Something impossible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that is impossible.
- n. The quality of being impossible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being impossible; impracticability.
- n. An impossible thing; that which is not possible; that which can not be thought, done, or endured.
- n. Inability; helplessness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being impossible; incapability of being or being done.
- n. That which is impossible; that which cannot be or be done.
- n. Helplessness; impotence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. incapability of existing or occurring
- n. an alternative that is not available
From Latin impossibilitās. (Wiktionary)