American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The fact, state, or degree of being visible.
- n. The greatest distance under given weather conditions to which it is possible to see without instrumental assistance.
- n. The capability of being easily observed: an executive with high visibility.
- n. The capability of providing a clear, unobstructed view: a windshield with good visibility.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or property of being visible, or perceivable by the eye; perceptibility; the state of being exposed to view; conspicuousness.
- n. A thing which is visible.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being visible.
- n. quality or fact or degree of being visible; perceptible by the eye or obvious to the eye
- n. capability of providing a clear unobstructed view
- n. degree of exposure to public notice
““We have noticed a definite increase in the term visibility,” notes Sheri Prasso, editor of the section of BusinessWeek titled UpFront one word, capital modishly in the middle, playing on the meanings of up-front as “honest, forthright” as well as “found in the opening pages of the magazine”.”
“I hunt where my visibility is about 200yards max, so what power binoculars would you suggest?”
“Members of Occupy movements in Fontana, Redlands, Riverside, and other nearby towns marched past banks and in front of San Bernardino City Hall in what they called a "visibility action," The Sun newspaper reported.”
“Members of Occupy movements in Fontana, Redlands, Riverside, and other nearby towns marched past banks and in front of San Bernardino City Hall in what they called a "visibility action,”
“Leverage the power of other organizations to gain visibility; consider unlikely coalitions, not just similar interest groups.”
“Also prefer something narrower than my old F150 pickup - two tracks around here get mighty tight. 360 degree visibility is important, too - I like big windows with narrow pillars.”
“It is imperative that companies start any cloud initiative with a governance program that ensures the organization will be able to maintain visibility and control of its application assets at all times, regardless of where they may reside.”
“But, the act of finding a species at a locality where it actually exists could be daunting, especially if there aren't very many individuals and if the visibility is obscured by the plants and the debris on the ground.”
“Some experts, including EU Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger, are floating the idea of setting a further, binding emissions target for 2030, a move that would give businesses longer-term visibility and possibly boost carbon prices.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘visibility’.
Use these and get promoted
Vocabulary of road transport and roadworthiness
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for visibility.