from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The property or condition of being permeable.
- n. The rate of flow of a liquid or gas through a porous material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the property of being permeable
- n. the rate of flow of a fluid through a porous material
- n. a measure of the ability of a rock to transmit fluids (such as oil or water)
- n. a quantitative measure of the degree of magnetization of a material in the presence of an applied magnetic field (measured in newtons per ampere squared in SI units).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being permeable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The property or state of being permeable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of something that can be pervaded by a liquid (as by osmosis or diffusion)
Sorry, no etymologies found.