from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process or the condition of becoming engorged, becoming over-filled with fluid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of swallowing greedily; a devouring with voracity; a glutting.
- n. An overfullness or obstruction of the vessels in some part of the system; congestion.
- n. The clogging of a blast furnace.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of swallowing greedily; a devouring with voracity.
- n. In pathology, the state of being filled to excess, as the vessels of an organ with blood; hyperemia; congestion.
- n. In metallurgy, the partial choking up of a blast-furnace by an accumulation of material not thoroughly fused. Ordinarily called scaffolding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. congestion with blood
- n. eating ravenously or voraciously to satiation
But try to dry up at night if engorgement is a problem for you.
The time right after weaning – once the engorgement is gone and the hormones have settled down a little – has been such a wonderful time for me, with both children.
Good art, says he, like short term memory and genital engorgement, is difficult to sustain into one’s 70s and 80s.
The fullness and tenderness you experience when your milk comes in is sometimes called engorgement, but these feelings aren’t symptoms of true engorgement, which is a more serious condition caused by unrelieved breast fullness.
Common during the first weeks of breastfeeding, engorgement occurs when breasts are filled to capacity, often causing discomfort.
Are you sure it was a wedding cake and not an "engorgement" cake?
The article details how studies are conducted with an apparatus connected to (ouch) penises or in the vagina to rate "engorgement" while the subjects use keypads to punch in their feelings.
You and Laura, two consenting adults, agreed that you nursing her baby was a solid solution to your out-of-control engorgement.
Your adorable baby reminded me so completely of my own adorable baby a few weeks ago in Houston, when I was suffering from my own engorgement pain.
I feel your pain vis a vis engorgement – only I never have problems getting milk OUT.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.