from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process or the condition of becoming engorged, becoming over-filled with fluid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of swallowing greedily; a devouring with voracity; a glutting.
- n. An overfullness or obstruction of the vessels in some part of the system; congestion.
- n. The clogging of a blast furnace.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of swallowing greedily; a devouring with voracity.
- n. In pathology, the state of being filled to excess, as the vessels of an organ with blood; hyperemia; congestion.
- n. In metallurgy, the partial choking up of a blast-furnace by an accumulation of material not thoroughly fused. Ordinarily called scaffolding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. congestion with blood
- n. eating ravenously or voraciously to satiation
engorge + -ment (Wiktionary)